Ronald Stram, M.D.
Founder of The Center, Board Certified Medical Doctor, Integrative Medicine Doctor
For the past 25 years, I have continued to enjoy my work as an emergency medicine physician, yet I came to recognize the need for preventative care as a means to reduce the debilitation associated with chronic disease so often seen too late in the emergency setting. Unfortunately, my training was insufficient to offer anymore than diagnostic, pharmaceutical or surgical interventions.
My emergency medicine work combined with an experience of personal loss in my life kindled the desire to better understand the totality of healing, of both patient and physician. I became interested in the work of nationally known doctors such as Andrew Weil, James S. Gordon, Rachel Naomi Remen, and John Kabat-Zinn who were successfully treating people through complementary modalities such as herbal therapies, nutritional interventions, acupuncture, and mind/body medicine.
I felt a strong connection to my original motives for becoming a doctor and decided to expand my career in a new direction by seeking out the Integrative Medicine fellowship program at the University of Arizona with Dr. Andrew Weil. After successfully completing my two year fellowship training, I felt committed to providing this form of medicine to my own hometown.
I continue to enjoy my work as an emergency physician offering more to my patients, in addition to partnering with my patients in pursuit of their health and healing here at the Center located 10 minutes south of Albany NY.
Dr. Ron Stram has been featured in...
- Former Regional Medical Director of Emergency Medicine at hospitals throughout the North East
- Trained by world-renowned leader and pioneer in the field of integrative medicine Andrew Weil, M.D.
- Fellowship in Integrative Medicine, University of Arizona Health and Science Center
- Ilads trained in the treatment of LYME disease
- Board Certified in Emergency Medicine
- Residency in Emergency Medicine, Albany Medical Center, NY
- Mount Sinai Medical School, New York City
- Integrative Medicine
- Natural Approach to Healing
- Herbal Medicine & Supplemenation therapy
- Holistic Medicine
- Clinical Nutrition
- Integrative Cancer Therapies
- Lyme Disease Treatment, ILADS Trained
- IV Therapy
- Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy
"Integrative medicine honors the physician-patient relationship, nurtures this partnership, and so empowers the healer within ."
-Ronald Stram, MD, FACEP
- Membership: Ilads: International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society
- Membership: Society for Integrative Oncology
- Membership: American College of Emergency Physicians
Learn About Our Services
- Acupuncture for Cancer Patients
- Acupuncture and Infertility
- Cancer Care
- Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Chronic Disease
- Cleansing Programs
- Community Acupuncture
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture
- Guided Imagery
- Herbal Supplements and Vitamins
- Homeopathic Therapy
- Integrative Cancer Care
- Integrative Medicine
- Iscador (Mistletoe) Treatment
- IV Vitamin C Therapy
- IV Nutrient Therapies and Chelation Therapy
- Kripalu Yoga
- Life Renewal Program
- Lyme Disease
- Lymphatic Drainage Massage
- Medical Massage for Cancer Patients
- Mind-Body Medicine
- Myofascial Release Therapy
- NAET Allergy Elimination Treatment
- Naturopathic Medicine
- Needle-Free Acupuncture for Children
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Positional Release Therapy
- Primary Care
- Scenar Therapy
- Shiatsu Massage
- Stress Reduction
- Therapeutic Massage
- Tui Na (Chinese Massage)
- Women's Health