Integrative Cancer Care
Integrative Medicine is a rapidly growing field of medicine that seeks to integrate the best of western scientific medicine with the wisdom of complementary practices, including clinical nutrition, acupuncture, herbal, botanical and vitamin supplement therapies, manual techniques, energy healing and mind/body medicine.
Integrative Medicine practiced at the Center, under the direction of Dr. Ronald Stram brings together experienced physicians alongside complementary therapists who are appropriately trained and certified. Our therapists have been selected carefully for their skill and sensitivity in order to provide the highest quality of care to our patients.
The emphasis at the Center is our team approach in the care of our patients to provide the most effective treatment, respecting the medical wisdom across disciplines.
Our Team Approach To The Cancer Patient Includes:
- Helping to navigate through the myriad of evidence-based, unproven and potentially harmful complementary healthcare choices
- Reduction of the side effects of chemotherapy and radiation treatments
- Improvement and optimization of immune system functioning
- Proper guidance and timing of anti-oxidant and detoxification treatments
- Clinical nutrition to increase energy and maintain lean body mass
- Supplementation with vitamins, herbs and botanical formulations with attention to potential interactions with pharmaceutical treatments
- Reduction of anxiety and depression and improvement of quality of life through yoga, meditation, guided imagery, reiki and massage therapy
- Support for family members and/or caregivers
A Naturopathic doctor (N.D.) is a 4 year post-graduate trained practitioner in the broadest scope of natural holistic treatments. The first two years of schooling mirror the basic science medical school curriculum while the last three years focus on clinical allopathic and complementary clerkships.
Founded upon a holistic philosophy, naturopathic medicine combines safe and effective traditional therapies with the most current advances in modern medicine.
Naturopathic Medicine In The Management Of The Cancer Patient At the Stram Center for Integrative Medicine:
In coordination with Dr. Stram, treatment plans are developed for the cancer patient with the goal of enhancing conventional cancer therapies (chemotherapy and radiation) and include:
- Review of caloric and diet history; establishing individualized nutrition assessment and dietary plans to optimize energy levels and maintain lean body mass
Supplementation Therapies Including Vitamins, Herbs And Botanicals To:
- stimulate and increase immune system function
- encourage cellular repair and regeneration
- accelerate the process of recovery
- provide preventative immune support
- inhibit disease progression
- enhance treatment efficacy
- bolster cancer-fighting capacity
Our Special Team Approach To Your Health Care
At the Center, our practitioners have the opportunity to consult with complementary practitioners and medical doctors about your health concerns and the progress you are making. These practitioners are always available to you as well.
We take great pride in our staff’s special team consulting approach to the care of our patients, giving you the best that Integrative Medicine has to offer.
Our Integrative Medicine Approach
Our Integrative Medicine approach practiced at The Center, is based on a more caring practitioner-client partnership which incorporates the best of conventional Western medicine with alternative and complementary therapies resulting in a safer, more natural, whole body approach to stimulate the body’s natural healing potential. Our emphasis is our team approach in the care of our patients to provide the most effective treatment, respecting the medical wisdom across all disciplines.
Click here to read about all Cancer Care therapies.
Make An Appointment
Learn About Our Services
- Acupuncture for Cancer Patients
- Acupuncture and Infertility
- Cancer Care
- Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Chronic Disease
- Cleansing Programs
- Community Acupuncture
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture
- Guided Imagery
- Herbal Supplements and Vitamins
- Homeopathic Therapy
- Integrative Cancer Care
- Integrative Medicine
- Iscador (Mistletoe) Treatment
- IV Vitamin C Therapy
- IV Nutrient Therapies and Chelation Therapy
- Kripalu Yoga
- Life Renewal Program
- Lyme Disease
- Lymphatic Drainage Massage
- Medical Massage for Cancer Patients
- Mind-Body Medicine
- Myofascial Release Therapy
- NAET Allergy Elimination Treatment
- Naturopathic Medicine
- Needle-Free Acupuncture for Children
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Positional Release Therapy
- Primary Care
- Scenar Therapy
- Shiatsu Massage
- Stress Reduction
- Therapeutic Massage
- Tui Na (Chinese Massage)
- Women's Health